Arturo is a 29-year-old male polar bear currently living in Argentina’s Mendoza Zoo. He is suffering in 40C (104F) heat in an enclosure that has just 20 inches of water for him to swim in and has as a consequence been displaying worrying behavior.
Please sign this petition or at least spread the word in order to have Arturo transferred to a zoo in Canada which has better facilities for an animal that is used to polar conditions.
sign this or die
PLEASE SIGN THIS. This just breaks my heart. This right here is animal cruelty! Save Arturo. sign this petition. Speak up for the beings that cant speak for themselves!!!
On July 29th, a whale was reported in distress at the entrance to Halifax harbour. Upon arrival, we found a minke whale bobbing vertically in the water with its tongue completely swollen. Based on the small size of the animal, it may have been still dependent on its mother, which was nowhere to be seen. Due to its young age and severe injury, the animal was unlikely to survive. After consulting with veterinarians, representatives from MARS, DFO and DNR responded the following day to determine the best course of action for this young whale, but found that it had died overnight. While retrieving the carcass we discovered it had been entangled in some old, lost fishing gear. The carcass was taken to the Agricultural College in Truro where a necropsy was conducted. We found that there were signs of a physical injury to the animals jaw. It’s possible, while anchored by the fishing gear, the animal was hit by a vessel causing its tongue to swell. The remains were left at the Agricultural College for a study on composting.
Just another example of our trashing the ocean damaging and killing its inhabitants.
DISPOSE OF YOUR FISHING GEAR PROPERLY, PLEASE. IT’S REALLY NOT THAT HARD.
Rising self-confidence is taking prostheses to another level. People don’t try to hide their handicap anymore.Show what you‘ve got, don’t make a fuzz about your problem. Wear your hearing aid like a piece of jewelry, a stylish accessory. Be individual, be cool, be yourself.
Hearing aid is made for customers with a medium level of hearing disability. In case of a severe hearing damage one could order the PLUG which contents a more powerful system.
COURTNEY, THE PERFECT REASON FOR ME TO GET PLUGS XD
NO NO NO YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS IS A REALLY FAMOUS ANIMATION FILM TECHNIQUE DONE BY ONE INSANE STUDIO YEARS AND YEARS AGO IN GERMANY, ONLY A FEW FILMS, BECAUSE OF HOW HARD THEY WERE TO MAKE.
EACH AND EVERY FRAME OF THESE MOVIES ARE OIL PAINTINGS ON GLASS.
hello, fanfiction writers! i’m making this post because i’ve seen some deaf clint barton stories going around, and there are a lot of misconceptions about hearing loss and hearing aids and all that jazz, so since i’m hard of hearing, i thought i’d bring up a few common misconceptions.
- clint just reads everyone’s lips and understands exactly what people are saying. this is basically impossible. only 30% of spoken english can be lipread. for me, if i can hear your vowels and read your lips at the same time, i can typically get what you’re saying, but that’s not a guarantee. clint also wouldn’t be able to pick up lipreading overnight. that’s an acquired skill.
- hearing aids! there are many different types of hearing aids, so make sure you do your research on those. there are BTE (behind the ear) hearing aids, which are the most common. then there are the RITE (receiver in the ear), CIC (completely in canal), ITC (in the canal), ITE (in the ear) hearing aids. even if you’re going to have tony stark whip up some cool state of the art hearing aids for clint, it’s helpful for you to know which style tony would be modeling these after. keep in mind that some hearing aids don’t have an off switch—the only ways to turn those hearing aids off are to take the batteries out, which you need to do every night while the hearing aids themselves chill in a dehumidifier overnight.
- american sign language is just like spoken english. not true. american sign language is a complex language with its own grammar and syntax. make sure you research american sign language. watch videos, read books, learn as much as you can. you don’t have to learn the language, but familiarize yourself with it. you also can’t learn ASL overnight, so clint can’t just read a book on it and then be an expert the next day.
- hearing aids fix everything and make his hearing normal. hearing aids do NOT fix everything. they HELP, they do not FIX. so even if clint wears hearing aids, his hearing will not be 100% perfect. he’ll still miss pieces of the conversation. he’ll still have to ask people to repeat themselves. not all the time, but it’ll still happen. he won’t magically become hearing because he’s wearing hearing aids. remember: they’re called hearing AIDS not hearing FIXES.
- two days later, clint is back to shooting arrows perfectly. this isn’t true. when the inner ear suffers severe trauma, it freaks out. as a result of the traumatic way clint loses his hearing, he would have acute unilateral vestibulopathy. symptoms of this include: severe dizziness, nausea, blurry vision, everything moving around so his eyes would be darting about trying to make his vision be still, and possibly neck pain. his balance would be thrown way off whack, and he wouldn’t be able to walk very well after two days, let alone try to shoot a bow and arrow. typically, these symptoms last anywhere from a few weeks to a month, depending on the type of injury. but make sure you research this yourself, so you know more specific details! my really awesome friend gave me the information on this, so shoutout to her!
ok! i think i covered the most common misconceptions. if you have any further questions, and you feel comfortable asking me, go ahead! i am more than happy to answer any questions to the best of my abilities. i think it’s awesome that marvel is now incorporating a superhero that isn’t fully abled. it’s about time the rest of us got some representation. go forth, and write well!
This was really instructive and helpful. Thank you very much for enlightening us! :)